By Sergios Theodoridis, Rama Chellappa
This 5th quantity, edited and authored via global top specialists, provides a evaluation of the foundations, equipment and methods of significant and rising examine themes and applied sciences in photograph and video compression and multimedia.
With this reference resource you will:
- Quickly grab a brand new region of analysis
- Understand the underlying rules of a subject and its application
- Ascertain how a subject matter pertains to different components and examine of the learn concerns but to be resolved
- Quick educational stories of vital and rising subject matters of analysis in photograph and Video Compression and Multimedia
- Comprehensive references to magazine articles and different literature on which to construct additional, extra particular and targeted knowledge
- Edited by means of leading people in the sector who, via their recognition, were capable of fee specialists to jot down on a selected topic
Read Online or Download Academic Press Library in Signal Processing, Volume 5: Image and Video Compression and Multimedia PDF
Similar signal processing books
Electronic sign Processing has gone through huge, immense development in usage/implementation within the final twenty years and lots of engineering faculties are actually supplying real-time DSP classes of their undergraduate curricula. Our daily lives contain using DSP platforms in issues resembling mobile phones and high-speed modems; Texas tools has brought the TMS320C6000 DSP processor kin to fulfill the excessive functionality calls for of modern day sign processing functions.
It is a consultant for the procedure designers and installers confronted with the daily problems with attaining EMC, and may be stumbled on helpful throughout a variety of roles and sectors, together with strategy keep an eye on, production, scientific, IT and construction administration. The EMC matters coated also will make this ebook crucial examining for product brands and providers - and hugely proper for managers in addition to technical employees.
For sophomore/junior-level indications and platforms classes in electric and desktop Engineering departments. signs, platforms, and Transforms, Fourth Edition is perfect for electric and machine engineers. The textual content offers a transparent, entire presentation of either the speculation and purposes in signs, platforms, and transforms.
- Signal Processing: Signals, Filtering, and Detection
- Ultra-Low-Power Short-Range Radios
- Advances in Imaging and Electron Physics, Volume 178
- Blind Identification and Separation of Complex-valued Signals
Additional info for Academic Press Library in Signal Processing, Volume 5: Image and Video Compression and Multimedia
The purpose of motion estimation techniques is to recover this information by analyzing the image content. Efficient and accurate motion estimation is an essential component in the domains of image sequence analysis, computer vision, and video communications. In the context of image sequence analysis and computer vision, the objective of motion estimation algorithms is to precisely and faithfully model the motion in the scene. This information is fundamental for video understanding and object tracking.
Moreover, a complex motion model does not allow for a compact representation of the motion information. 3 Region of support The region of support is the set of image pixels to which a motion model applies. We can distinguish the following four cases: • • Pixel-based: A motion vector is assigned to each pixel of the image, resulting in a dense motion field. It has the advantage to provide a precise description of the motion. However, from a video coding viewpoint, it entails a costly representation resulting in a large overhead for motion information.
3. 10 Conclusions This chapter has introduced the requirements for, and applications of video compression. It has examined the architecture of a compression system in the context of modern communication systems and has shown that its design is often a compromise between coding rate, picture quality, and implementation complexity. The basic operation of a block-based motion compensated video encoding system has been described, explaining its major components, and its operating characteristics. Finally the justification for universal compression standards has been presented, and the performance of recent standards compared in terms of their rate-distortion characteristics.