By K.N. Ngan, T. Meier, D. Chai
In recent times, the paradigm of video coding has shifted from that of a frame-based method of a content-based procedure, relatively with the finalization of the ISO multimedia coding ordinary, MPEG-4. MPEG-4 is the rising regular for the coding of multimedia content material. It defines a syntax for a suite of content-based functionalities, particularly, content-based interactivity, compression and common entry. in spite of the fact that, it doesn't specify how the video content material is to be generated. To generate the video content material, video needs to be segmented into video items and tracked as they transverse around the video frames. This e-book addresses the tough challenge of video segmentation, and the extraction and monitoring of video item planes as outlined in MPEG-4. It then makes a speciality of the explicit factor of face segmentation and coding as utilized to videoconferencing with a view to increase the standard of videoconferencing pictures particularly within the facial area. Modal-based coding is a content-based coding procedure used to code artificial items that experience develop into an incredible a part of video content material. It leads to tremendous low bit charges simply because basically the parameters had to characterize the modal are transmitted. Model-based coding is incorporated to supply historical past info for the unreal item coding in MPEG-4. finally, MPEG-4, the 1st coding typical for multimedia content material is defined intimately. the subjects lined comprise the coding of audio gadgets, the coding of common and artificial video gadgets, and blunder resilience. complex Video Coding is among the first books on content-based coding and MPEG-4 coding usual. It serves as a good details resource and reference for either researchers and training engineers.
Read Online or Download Advanced Video Coding: Principles and Techniques: The Content-based Approach (Advances in Image Communication, Volume 7) PDF
Similar signal processing books
Electronic sign Processing has gone through huge, immense progress in usage/implementation within the final twenty years and plenty of engineering colleges at the moment are providing real-time DSP classes of their undergraduate curricula. Our daily lives contain using DSP platforms in issues similar to mobile phones and high-speed modems; Texas tools has brought the TMS320C6000 DSP processor relations to fulfill the excessive functionality calls for of modern day sign processing purposes.
This can be a advisor for the process designers and installers confronted with the daily problems with reaching EMC, and may be came across necessary throughout a variety of roles and sectors, together with technique regulate, production, clinical, IT and development administration. The EMC concerns lined also will make this ebook crucial examining for product brands and providers - and hugely appropriate for managers in addition to technical employees.
For sophomore/junior-level signs and structures classes in electric and machine Engineering departments. signs, platforms, and Transforms, Fourth Edition is perfect for electric and laptop engineers. The textual content offers a transparent, entire presentation of either the idea and purposes in indications, structures, and transforms.
- Computer Explorations in Signals and Systems Using MATLAB
- Understanding Digital Signal Processing
- Algebraic Codes on Lines, Planes, and Curves: An Engineering Approach
- Digital Design of Signal Processing Systems: A Practical Approach
Additional resources for Advanced Video Coding: Principles and Techniques: The Content-based Approach (Advances in Image Communication, Volume 7)
2. 24) + 2[I(x0, y0 + 1) - I ( x o , yo - 1)] + I ( x o + 1,y0 + 1) - I ( x o + 1, y0 - 1) }. 25) respectively. These filter masks are commonly known as the Sobel operator. Notice that the factors g1 in (1 25) simply represent a scaling, and they are usually omitted. 22), other well-known gradient operators for edge detection are derived, such as the Prewitt operator  and the Frei-Chen operator . 1 are probably the simplest and therefore fastest edge operators that are practical. However, the ingenious optimization approach by Canny has led to an edge operator that is widely considered to be the best edge detector .
49) can also include scaling by choosing S = D R with the scaling matrix D or deformable motion by setting S = (D + R) where D is an arbitrary deformation matrix . 38 CHAPTER 1. 8" Projection of pixel (X, Y, Z) onto image plane (x, y) under orthographic (parallel) projection. For motion estimation, real-world objects are often approximated by piecewise planar 3-D surfaces. This, at least locally, is a reasonable assumption. The points on such a planar patch in frame k satisfy a X + bY + c Z - 1.
44). For each site x, V I ( x ) and It(x) can be computed by approximating the derivatives by differences taken in a small neighborhood of x. 47) then defines a linear constraint for the two unknowns u(x, y) and v(x, y). Any point u(x) on this constraint line, which is depicted in Fig. 6, satisfies the OFC. Note that this constraint is local in the sense that only information from a small neighborhood of x is considered. One equation is of course not enough to solve for two unknowns. 4. M O T I O N V _i~/i!