By J. Drelich, Kash L. Mittal
On the grounds that its discovery, Atomic strength Microscopy (AFM) has develop into a method of selection for non-destructive floor characterization with sub-molecular solution. The AFM has additionally emerged as a problem-solving device in purposes appropriate to particle-solid and particle-liquid interactions, layout, fabrication, and characterization of latest fabrics, and improvement of recent applied sciences for processing and amendment of fabrics. This quantity is a finished evaluation of AFM thoughts and their software in adhesion reviews.
Read Online or Download Atomic Force Microscopy in Adhesion Studies PDF
Similar physical chemistry books
The product used to be in an ideal , the ebook itself is especially precious when you are taking a actual Chemistry type to remind you of a few calculus purposes. i'm very chuffed with the product.
Content material: a bit historical past; Chemistry and Computation; a bit common sense and Computation; a bit Photochemistry and Luminescence; unmarried Input-Single Output structures; topic Index
Following within the wake of Chang's different best-selling actual chemistry textbooks (Physical Chemistry for the Chemical and organic Sciences and actual Chemistry for the Biosciences), this new identify introduces laser spectroscopist Jay Thoman (Williams university) as co-author. This finished new textual content has been generally revised either in point and scope.
- Metal Vapours in Flames
- Combined Quantum Mechanical and Molecular Mechanical Methods
- The Structure of Physical Chemistry
- Advances in Chemical Physics, Vol. 141
- Polyatomic Molecules: Results of ab Initio Calculations
Additional info for Atomic Force Microscopy in Adhesion Studies
So, it can be clearly seen that the JKR and DMT models are two special cases of the MD model. + The dimensionless load parameter in nano-contact problems 71 Figure 7. Effect of applied load P on nano-indentation tip radius ratio in JKR, DMT and MD models when ,I= 5 and A y R = 100 nJ/m. Figure 8. 5 and A y R = 100 nJ/m. 12 X. Shi and Z-P. Zhao 5. CONCLUSION We analyzed the influences of the dimensionless load parameter, = P / ( nA y R ) , and the transition parameter, A, on the nano-contact area, and we also validated the importance of the work of adhesion through comparison of the JKR, DMT and MD models with the Hertz model.
1. INTRODUCTION In recent years there has been considerable interest in the mechanical characterization of thin-film systems and small volumes of materials using depth-sensing indentation tests which utilize either spherical or pyramidal indenters [l, 21. Usually, to obtain values for hardness and elastic modulus of the specimen material from the experimental values of indenter load and depth of penetration is the principal goal N) range of such testing. The forces involved are usually in the millinewton and are measured with a resolution of a few nanonewtons ( N), and the depths of penetration are in the order of nanometers, hence the term “nano-indentation” (lop9m).
S. Rimai and L. S. Sharpe (Eds), p. 155. Gordon & Breach, Sydney (1996). 11. Y. I. Rabinovich, J. J. Adler, A. Ata, R. K. Singh and B. M. Moudgil, J. Colloid Interjf Sci. 232, 10-16 (2000). 12. Y. I. Rabinovich, J. J. Adler, A. Ata, R. K. Singh and B. M. Moudgil, J. Colloid Inre$ Sci. 232, 17-24 (2000). 13. J. P. Cleveland, S. Manne, D. Bocek and P. K. Hansma, Rev. Sci. Znstrum. 64, 403-405 (1993). 14. K. Iida, A. Otsuka, K. Danjo and H. Sunada, Chem. Pharm. Bull. 41, 1621-1625 (1993). 15. D. M.