Your source for Dallas – Fort Worth restaurant reviews, beer and wine reviews, industry updates, and product reviews! As the owner of Evaluate the Plate, I think it is important to keep locals updated with the latest information possible, especially when it comes to healthy dining. My name is Bird Duncan, and I’m a twenty-something Registered Dietitian and Food Scientist. What does that mean? It means I’m an expert nutritionist and I’ve been trained to work with ingredients and foods at the processing level. I can whip up a tasty meal too. While I don’t have any formal culinary education, I have been cooking since I was about 5. And if you couldn’t tell from the website, I’m crazy about vintage!
Evaluate the Plate is dedicated to helping restaurants make a difference in their community by providing nutrition information on menu items. However, life is short and no one wants to eat grilled chicken breast and steamed veggies for the rest of their life, so I decided to start a blog. It is possible to incorporate eating out into a healthy lifestyle – it just takes more work! I hope this blog will help you live a little without sacrificing your long-term health.
Below is a little more info about the blog and a few policies/disclaimers. Please explore each of the blog sections!
- Bird’s Appetite – This section of the blog highlights Dallas-Fort Worth restaurants. Since Evaluate the Plate focuses on providing nutrition information on restaurant items, I will do my best to focus on healthy or lighter meals at restaurants. However, I too get a hankering for a greasy pizza or my favorite chicken enchiladas (not all of us dietitians eat salad for every meal!).
- Drunken Bird – Okay, so I don’t plan on getting drunk for posts in this section. But, if you’re anything like me, you feel overwhelmed when you go to those huge beer and wine isles. So, what’s worth $10? $15? $50? or maybe even $5? I’ll be reviewing beer and wine that you can get locally in Dallas.
- Birds the Word – Whether its breaking news in the restaurant/food industry, product reviews for your kitchen, or just a local spotlight on someone who is making a difference in Dallasites’ waistlines – this is the place to look!
Policies and Disclaimers
- Although I have not received any offers to review restaurants or products, I feel it is my duty to my followers to disclose any information that may give me a biased opinion. That being said, I will do my best to put my readers first and those reviewed second.
- Not every restaurant review or recipe included on this website will be “healthy”. Please read the post for more information or contact me directly if you have any questions.
- I am a Registered and Licensed Dietitian. If you need more information about this, please contact me directly. I do not give out health, wellness, disease, illness, etc. advice to individuals through this website. I’m sorry, but this is just not possible.
- I do not claim to be a culinary expert. I have more experience than the average person, but I still consider myself an amateur food critic. I also cannot afford to visit a restaurant 5 or 6 times before writing a review, so each restaurant review is based on the experience of that day.
Phone # 972-996-1695
firstname.lastname@example.org Dallas, TX